Book: Honey Farm Dreaming (with beeswax balm & honey recipes)
A friend of ours, Anna Featherstone, is the author of Honey Farm Dreaming. The book is a funny and moving book about the challenges of small farming (especially agritourism) and it's perfect for tree changers, people interested in organics, sustainability and anyone who wants to immerse themselves in a different life.
There is also a lot of love for bees in the book (honey bees and native Australian bees), and there are some great beeswax balm recipes and honey recipes at the end of the book too.
If you are trying to work out what to do or make with beeswax, these are the beeswax balm and honey recipes included in the book:
- Honey burn balm
- Honey burn salve using beeswax
- Itchy bite balm using beeswax
- Honey face mask
- Anna's Farm Balm - a fantastic moisturising balm made with beeswax and organic oils
- Comfrey balm
- Honey Fix My Lips - beeswax lip balm
- Honey Spearmint lip balm - beeswax lip balm recipe
- Sleep Balm
The book also includes:
- tips for a bee-friendly garden (annuals and perennials to provide nectar and pollen for bees)
- how to create habitat for different types of native Australian bees
- Simple honey haloumi stir fry recipe
- Secret recipe slice (this used to be gobbled up by bus groups and farmers' market customers it is that delicious!
We also have Anna's other book available in the store. "Small Farm Success Australia - How to Make a Life and a Living on the Land" is a bestselling title that goes into the nitty gritty of making money from small farming. The book includes tips and insights from more than 25 Australian farmers and experts and is the go-to book for Australian farmers looking to diversify, innovate, reach new markets and make their farms work for them.