Job Vacancy Beekeeper / Apiary Assistant
- Port Macquarie/Kempsey Region NSW
- We're looking for someone to join our great beekeeping team
- **Must already be in Australia to apply**
- FULL-TIME / PART-TIME FOR RIGHT APPLICANTS
- Ongoing work from October/November 2021
We’re a 4th generation, professional beekeeping company based near Kempsey / Port Macquarie & travelling across NSW to give our bees a healthy diet and our customers delicious Australian honey including yellowbox, iron bark & stringy bark, Certified Australian Manuka, as well as pure beeswax. And right now, we’re ready to expand our bee-loving crew! Do you have:
- Experience with bees or outdoor work?
- Trade/handy skills such as for bee box maintenance/repairs or vehicle servicing?
- Have a heavy rigid truck license (or willingness & ability to get one)?
- A forklift/bobcat license?
- Are you currently living in Australia with the right to work?
- Fit and strong? (lifting is involved)
- Quick to learn?
- Happy to work in a team environment (often outdoors as well as inside in our honey facility), and prepared to travel as needed (& be away for a few nights in a row) during the season to help collect some of the most delicious honey on the planet?
If so, we have a full-time and part-time beekeeping position available now. We pay above the Pastoral Award and will highly regard people with trade skills (eg: for bee box maintenance & repairs, vehicle servicing etc), attention to detail and great communication skills.
- Beekeeping is a seasonal business and the candidate will need to be flexible regarding the variety of duties performed throughout the year and timing of holidays.
- We also require high standards with regards to Workplace Health & Safety, Food Safety and Hygiene and appreciate positive energy.
- This is a really rewarding career with a great team and we’re looking for an enthusiastic worker.
- Our workplace is a non-smoking environment and not suitable for people with bee allergies – but if you love honey, bees and the great outdoors – you’ll be in the right place!
If you’d like to apply, please attach as a PDF (we won’t be opening Word or other documents):
- A one-page cover letter explaining your relevant experience to this position and why you’d like to work with us.
- A one-page resume including the name, email & phone contact details of 2 referees.
And send to us via our contact page. Thanks so much for your interest in the position, we really appreciate it.