Job Vacancy Beekeeper / Apiary Assistant Port Macquarie/Kempsey Region NSW. (LISTED APRIL 28, 2021)
**If not an Australian resident, must already be in Australia with working VISA to apply**
We’re a 4th generation, professional beekeeping company based near Kempsey & Port Macquarie NSW, travelling across NSW, specialising in delicious Australian honeys such as Yellowbox, Ironbark & Stringy Bark, Certified Manuka, as well as pure beeswax. And right now, we’re ready to expand our bee-loving crew!
- Do you have a heavy rigid truck license (or willingness & ability to get one), forklift/bobcat license or experience with bees? Are you currently living in Australia with the right to work?
- Are you: fit, very strong, quick to learn, happy to work in a team environment (often outdoors), and prepared to travel as needed to help collect some of the most delicious honey on the planet?
- If so, we have a full-time beekeeping position available now, pay above the Pastoral Award and will highly regard people with trade skills (eg: for bee box maintenance & repairs, vehicle servicing etc), attention to detail and great communication skills.
- Beekeeping is a seasonal business and the candidate will need to be flexible regarding the variety of duties performed throughout the year and timing of holidays.
- We also require high standards with regards to Workplace Health & Safety, Food Safety and Hygiene and appreciate positive energy.
This is a really rewarding career with a great team and we’re looking for an enthusiastic, fit and strong worker.
Our workplace is a non-smoking environment and also not suitable for people with bee allergies – but if you love honey, bees and the great outdoors – you’ll be in the right place!
If you’d like to apply, please attach as a PDF (we won’t be opening Word or other documents):
1. A one-page cover letter explaining your relevant experience to
this position and why you’d like to work with us.
2. A one-page resume including the name, email & phone contact details of 2 referees.
Put in your heading: "Beekeeper Job Application April/May 2021" and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks so much for your interest in the position, we really appreciate it. We apologise in advance if not quick to reply but we may be out bush beekeeping for a few days. Thank you again.