MAY 2022: We have a brand new role for an experienced, capable, hands-on:
Food Production, Bottling & Honey Shed Operator/Supervisor
- The position could be P/T or F/T for the right applicant.
- You must be based in Australia now and have the right to work in Australia.
- Applications are encouraged from people living in the region between Port Macquarie and Coffs Harbour
- Drivers License is essential
- Must have an advanced knowledge and understanding of food handling, hygiene (HACCP) and OHS and have worked in commercial food production before.
Located on the beautiful Mid North Coast of NSW near Kempsey (between Port Macquarie and Coffs Harbour), The Beekeeper Group produces delicious 100% Australian table honey, medically active Manuka honey and pure, high-quality beeswax.
We are looking for a hands-on food production operator with a strong work ethic to run our new custom-built honey packing facility and beeswax processing unit, as well as help with the maintenance and management of our beekeeping shed.
We’d like to hire someone who enjoys being an important part of a small team and will be proud to help us produce and pack some of the most delicious honey in the world.
In addition to providing general support to the beekeeping team, the position will be responsible for ensuring our produce is processed, packed, stored and distributed efficiently and to the highest possible standard. The position is very hands-on and responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance and operation of equipment
- Maintaining a safe, clean and hygienic work environment
- Production scheduling
- Packing and distribution of orders
- Inventory management and planning
- Rostering and supervision of casual staff as needed
- Identifying and implementing improvements to streamline production
Experience in food manufacturing is essential and to join our team you will also need:
- An advanced knowledge and understanding of food handling, hygiene (HACCP) and OHS.
- A current Food Safety Supervisor's Certificate (or willingness to get one)
- A can-do attitude
- Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
- Excellent time management and task prioritisation skills
- Fit and healthy and able to lift 15kg
- A Drivers Licence and reliable transport
- A forklift license or willingness to get one
- The right to work in Australia
- Experience in beekeeping an advantage but not essential
If this sounds like you (and you're not allergic to bees) and you would like to grow with our business, please send through to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a PDF cover letter detailing why you are the right person for this position
- a PDF one or two page resume detailing your food production and processing and other work experience.
- Please include details for two referees.
Many thanks for your time. As we are often out and busy with the bees, please allow a few days for us to respond, however we will not be responding to applicants who do not meet the key criteria. Thank you again and bee well.